Project tempting is quite common business case. Creating new projects with the same process configuration as existing can be easily accomplished with Configuration Manager for Jira.
< 5 minutes 1 Jira Server* Project Snapshot New Project Mode Easy Supported
Accomplishing this use case is quite simple there are two steps
- Creation of snapshot of the project used as template.
- Deployment of the snapshot using new project mode.
1. Source: Create project snapshot for the project you are using as template.
2. Target: Deploy snapshot
- Use New Project deployment mode, provide project name and key, they should not match any existing projects.
- In the Analyze step of the deployment you will see that new project will be created and all existing configuration elements will be associated to the new project. No other objects will be created.
Automation of the above steps can be accomplished using the public REST API.